Our approach at High Street Dental Practice is focused on prevention to stop dental problems from occurring or getting any worse – an approach that can save significant time, discomfort and money.
Regular check-ups with the dentist and hygienist mean any issues can be spotted early and minimise the need for extensive treatment. These problems may include:
- Tooth decay
- Gum issues such as periodontal disease
- Dental erosion
- Conditions affecting the oral cavity
As well as detecting issues with your teeth and gums, the dentist and hygienist can also:
- Scale and polish teeth to remove the build-up of plaque and tartar.
- Advise you on how to look after your teeth at home and give you tooth-friendly diet tips.
- Apply fissure sealants to protect teeth where necessary.
As well as seeing dental professionals regularly, it is also vital to develop an effective home care strategy including:
- Brushing twice a day and regularly cleaning in between the teeth with floss or interdental brushes.
- Reducing or stopping smoking, which can exacerbate gum problems, cause staining and increase your risk of developing oral cancer.
- Avoiding too many sugary snacks and drinks.
- Encouraging your children to start looking after their teeth as early as possible.
At High Street Dental Practice our ambition is to ensure that all children under our care never need to have their teeth filled. We are particularly proud of the high number of our patients who have been with us since childhood that have got to adulthood without a single filling in their mouth.
We like to feel our care has helped, but much credit also goes to their dedicated parents who have helped achieve this.